ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

edde, fred, MATT etc, conversion set up

Iv been told that the drive shaft from my 1.2 16v will fit into the box for a 172 conversion so effectively i wouldny have to change hubs, shafts, brakes or suspension etc. Will the 1.2 shafts fit straight into the 172 box without any modification?
Obviously i do intend to change the brakes and suspension. Would FK coilovers or the Apex 60mm suspension kit be able to handle the extra weight of the 172 engine and handle ok or would it be crap?
You can get 4pot brakes for the 1.2 hub setup so im sure they would be good enough.
Any help appreciated?

Lionel Richie
thats the same setup i have

1.2 hubs, driveshafts, wishbones etc

172 cup engine and box

hispec 4pots, 172 discs, FK coilovers

cheers fred, how does it handle on the FK's?
do you think the apex 60mm setup would be any good?
also, give me a shout if you are getting rid of the dynacups hi-specs.

Lionel Richie
na i would say coilovers are a must

mine's good, bit understeery, but a bit of bias adjustment and a bit of a flick and it slides around well

What fk's are they and what prices would i be looking at for a good set of FK's?
i do love the look of it slammed and the better handling would be a bonus.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i would just fit the 172 shafts, arms, brakes and hubs :S

there all much stronger,

fred, can the coilovers handle the extra weight of the 172 lump ok?
im not after the best handling clio but something to look good and handle better than standard.