ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ecu???

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there a few problems
"Renault Clio 182 Group N Tuned ECU." Group N means nothing just means minimal mods for racing.

"This ECU has been professionally remapped to give around 12BHP extra "
No 182 has ever got 12hp from a remap at best 5hp on a stock car. Also whats prefeshioal remapped was it a RR to the car in which case its only perfect for that car. there a few amateuts out there evn big companies who are usless.

"This ECU is self learning to your 182 so there is no need to have it coded to your car, " If the ECU has been used on a 182 then it keeps the imobiliser code from that car its locked to the plip and UCH it can be cleared by fastchip at about £100 cost though.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
So it would still be worth buying at the right price and getting it unlocked ?

I thought the immobiliser was separate , being part of the ignition barrel so it wouldn't matter what ecu you had in there ?

Slightly off topic , would a 172 ecu be ok in a 182 ? Could it be mapped to a grp n for a 182 ??

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MRBILLYUK said:
So it would still be worth buying at the right price and getting it unlocked ?

I thought the immobiliser was separate , being part of the ignition barrel so it wouldn't matter what ecu you had in there ?

Slightly off topic , would a 172 ecu be ok in a 182 ? Could it be mapped to a grp n for a 182 ??
Yep possibly I don't trust any mapper who say 12hp from a NA engine that takes a 182 to close on 200hp which no one has done without other big bits.

The imobiliser is in three parts or so part.
When you put the key in the imobiliser ring round where the key goes (regular failure point) picks up the signal and tells the UCH under the dash the code it told the UCH then chats to the ECU to agree that the three codes the key the UCH and the ECU have are the same before the ECU can open.

Not sure on the 172 ECU the 182 has a 3rd generation ECU imbiliser built in so I'd think not but the wirings the same.

Group N means nothing though my cars Group N spec its a name for parts which are allowed to be used in group N racing ie showroom spec they cna have slight chanages to account for the fact that they have different exhausta and Induction for racing use but no amazing mapping realy they can just amp a little more fuel.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio valver
this is what he sent back

Hi, the immobiliser side of the ECU is self-learning from the key. As soon as you switch the ignition on the ECU is rewritten with the coding infomation from your car. Once the ECU has been coded to your car though, it cannot be then transferred to another car. We are able to virginise all renault ECU's to autocode to any car. Hope this helps!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pie2004 said:
this is what he sent back

Hi, the immobiliser side of the ECU is self-learning from the key. As soon as you switch the ignition on the ECU is rewritten with the coding infomation from your car. Once the ECU has been coded to your car though, it cannot be then transferred to another car. We are able to virginise all renault ECU's to autocode to any car. Hope this helps!
Arr right so its a blank 182 ECU not one which is locked (like some people would try and sell).
I wouldn't pay more than £150 or so. You can get a custom remap make up to your car for £350 which will be desinged for your car not just what one car was once mapped at.