ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dual optics wiring help needed

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
when i fitted mine, i used spade connectors to go onto the bulb terminals with rubber insulation round the connectors.

Just a case of working out which wire is the dipped beam and which is full beam, then wiring them to the relevant bulb. I didnt re-use the existing ground wires, instead I made my own and used existing bolt holes as grounding points.

Indicators and sidelights are the standard connectors, so no rewiring to be done there.

Its effectively just 4 wires per unit, two which are grounds. Trial and error will see you right in the case of working out which is dipped and main.

As for the wire itself, I bought 15amp (i think, cant really remember) wire on a reel from Halfords, but to be honest thats even heavier than what you'll actually need.

A well built VW
Friction any chance of some pics ??

I had figured the sidelight etc was the same but its the changing of the wiring for the main beams that has me stumped - not good with electric but wanna do it myself looks like 4 wires in the plug i have already 2 of them the same peachy colour so i assume these are the lives and the other must be the switched ones ????? oh im getting myself confused

Anyone with a MK1 172 wanna take a pic of the wires for me ???

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
i would, but had to remove all the wiring to do work on the engine.

the 4 wires will be two grounds, two lives. Just work out which of the two lives is main beam, and which is dipped beam.

You cant really go wrong.

The 172 wiring wont help you much to be honest.

Octavia VRS
this seems more complicated than I first thought! I thought it was a case of find the relevant wires for each part of the light, conect it and away you go?