ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY Wheel Refurb

Had a little gander but didnt see anything is there any guides that show you the best things to use to do a home made wheel refurb also what to do and what not to do, i think it would be a worthy addition to the car detailing section :D

Im pretty certain there will be members who have done it before and theres fred who makes money from it but i doubt he will share his secrets lol

I just fancy having a go myself just wouldnt know where to start

cheers peeps

106 GTi
Get a local paint supplier to match it to a centre cap works wheel. Or get the maufacturer paint code for the wheels if they are standard.

I used the above guide on my old 205 GTi wheel.

D

dick

could really do with fred2001dynamics help in getting a close match i think

6/468 17poo
Just read that whole guide and its very good, obviously alot of practice and time needs to be taken, might try and do my old rsi wheels and see how i get on then do the superlegs. but by the sound of this guide the summer is the best time to do this sort of prep!!!
Ryan

Mito Sportiva 135
I would not recommend trying this unless you really don't care about your wheels. It is hard to match the colour, can be very time confusing, and also expensive getting the paint made, possible hire of a professional paint spray system.

For the amount you can get this done professionally, I would highly recommend this route. Both in terms of finish and time. Having a badly refurbed wheel can look worse than a damaged one, and will not be favourable on the value of your car.

jezp thats the guide I followed the other week mate... refurbed my OZ Super T's

This wheel was badly kurbed and this is result after refurbing whole wheel:

115_1533.jpg

106 GTi
Nice work.

I used the guide on my 205 GTi wheel, as long as you get some paint to match, not hard as any decent paint supplier should be able to match the paint and put it in rattle cans for you it works really well.

Mito Sportiva 135
good job on the wheels they look good. I was more referring to extensively damaged wheels in my post btw.

yeah bigmaddaz it was you that inspired me to do it lol, ill probably have a go in the summer, getting the paint isnt a big deal and it will be free anyway :D

perks of my shite job :p