ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dilema! swap my mk3 for a 182???

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=701496487

This 182 has come up by mine for about £6000, It has 46000 on the clock and is immaculate, i mean i'm not even to sure if that is a good price?

The real problem is I do love renaultsports and always have done but insurance got in the way, alothough insurance will go up its not an insane price anymore so getting one is realistic, however do I go from my mk3 which I love the look of but hate the 1.4 underneith to a much much better 2.0 182 which I do like the look of but can't help but think it looks dated compared to the mk3's......help!

i have the same dilemna sometimes, keep the styling and nice interior but increase the speed. answer- wait till you can get a 197. build up your no claims on the dynamique first to save you insurance when you can afford the sport version of yours.

i have the same dilemna sometimes, keep the styling and nice interior but increase the speed. answer- wait till you can get a 197. build up your no claims on the dynamique first to save you insurance when you can afford the sport version of yours.

I was thinkin along them lines, they don't seem to come up often where I live so to see one is great, I do like the space, interior and the styling as you say of the mk3. i'm lookin to move out soon an i wouldn't have to put any cash towards this where as i'm worried I say i'll get a 197 now but it will kind of get forgotten about when i have a house to pay for.

best bet these days is a house a fast car these days is becomeing a rich persons plaything unless your earning good money ;)

a mk2 from a mk3 seems a bit of a downgrade as well

Last edited:
  Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
You'd be mad to buy a house now, the markets a joke. Spend your money on a motor for the time being.

ok well take the house out the question for now, also remove the 197. the choices basically are 182 or keep the 1.4 mk3?

You'd be mad to buy a house now, the markets a joke. Spend your money on a motor for the time being.
haha cars arent exactly an investment...you just put money into it from day one and never see most of it back. house market might not be as bouyant but its a much safer bet than a car! (usually)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
YEAH GO FOR IT! Or keep looking for one with cup packs. Might be a lil more expensive but it saves buying bits later

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i would keep the mk3 as overall it is a cheap motor to run.

I would continue saving and assess in a years time to see what 197 prices are doing etc and make a decision then.