ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

difference in front shocks

any difference in front shocks between 1.4rt and 1.2, getting some lower springs off a mates car but cant b arsed to chande the shicks around. cant c there being any diff between them.

cheers

Pete

Please dont get me started on this.

I am currently in the process of changing the front setup on my 1997 1.4 clio for uprated shocks and springs.

My springs are Spax and they didnt fit. They were too narrow at the bottom and too wide at the top. I have turned them upside down and now they fit perfectly but I dont know how this will effect their performance until I get them mounted onto the car which leads me to point number 2:

There is a variation between shocks on the 1.4 DEFINATELY. Dunno about the 1.2 though. Some 1.4s have a 52mm gap between the mounting holes on the strut, and some have a 54mm gap. Guess what? The gap between my shocks when I took them off was 60mm!? WTF! Never heard of this before but I am hoping it is just to allow for a bit of adjustment and that the ones I have bought will still fit. That said the mounting bracket is slightliy too narrow for the hub and I am currently in the process of widening it gradually with a hammer and some wedges.

Sorry for the essay but please check first or you will end up with a major headache like me! (Nothing that cant be solved with relentless determination though!)

Skoda Fabia vRS

Ben, are SURE its 60mm ?

never heard of that before, you are measuring from the middle of each hole right ?.........and not to the end of each one ?

looked at the avo site and there is no diff in the shocks for the 1.2 and 1.4. cheers Brun gd idea. only really coz im lazy!

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea so am i, i would have looked at the part numbers myself but i couldnt be arsed !

Yes mate I am sure centre to centre the holes are 60mm!!

Today I finally got my gmax shocks ready to mount and guess what? The top bolt went in but the bottom hole didnt line up it was too short!

The kit I have is the Gmax 54mm bolt holes so god knows what Ive got on my car?

Anyone know what they are on a valver?

cheers