ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIET engine not starting after being run

Small (PMSL) problem ive got with my 1.2 DIET engine which id appreciate any help on;

basically the car will fail to start for at least 5-10mins after having been run yet starts bang on if left for an extended period of time (i.e overnight/all day)

any thought what this could be?

Cheers!

MERCEDES CLS AMG

1 - under the bonnet in your plastic fuse box there are 2 relays for your fuel pump - when the car has been stood for 5 minutes just check these relays when you are trying to start the car - if one of them gets really hot its this thats causing the fault - change it and the problem will stop

2 - change your TDC sensor

Excellent - ill see to that later.

Any ideas how much a TDC sensor is to buy new/a part number?

Many thanks! :)

Mine was the starter motor.

It was turning at an angle so using a lot of power - does the starter turn? Mine worked if being jumped, because it was given that bit more power to turn..

Made a clunk noise when it started too, but was all the same problem.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

your chassis start VF1357K ? I need the rest of it to tell you the part number and retail price of a tdc sensor

Daz - yeah, starter turns over, as does the engine.

j3ned - ill check when i get home later about the chassis number (at work right now) and PM you if i may...

ta!

BMW 328 Ci

Hmm ive just started to have a simalar problem on my car. It always starts first time in the morning, but sometimes after running it takes 2 or 3 cranks. It always used to start first time whatever, but thats age I quess. Its only on 50k though