ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

detailer to deswirl my car?(south west)

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
I'm located in wells, somerset and have purchased a black evo ix about 3 months ago, unfortunately it is covered in swirl marks and they're really starting to annoy me, especially now its sunny. Does anyone know of a good detailer in my area who would be willing to do this job for me, obviously i'm happy to pay the going rates! Thanks

BMW Z4 3.0i
brazo charges £25/hour I believe. He is based in Swindon and has a set rate per mile he charges for travel after the first so many.

BMW Z4 3.0i
He'll do you a free estimate if you live locally or travel to him. As a very, very rough estimate; maybe 8 hours. But speak to him really!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
I'd recommend DIY myself. If you have a mop/polisher go this site- www.autojoy.co.uk

Click on "Farecla" (amazing stuff we use it at my place), get a bottle of G3 Advanced Compound. If you dont have a compounding head on your mop you need to get hold of one of those too, its a white, firm sponge called a "G Mop".

If you have the mop and compounding head, and some G3, fill a bucket of water and start with the bonnet, dip your hands into the bucket and flick water evenly over the first half of the bonnet, then put a splodge of G3 on the mop and spread it about with your finger, and away you go. Use a microfibre cloth or some mutton cloth to polish it off. Just repeat this round the car and it'll look the nuts.

The reason you get swirl marks on you paint is one of 3 things: 1) Car washes that still use horrid bristles, 2) Grit in the water you wash you car with or mopping without water on the panel, the water keeps the panel cool and stops the mop drying out, therefore stopping it putting swirls in the paint.

If youre feeling really energetic you could get some Farecla "Black top" Hand Glaze from the same site, just wipe on wipe off. Just try not to get any water on it for a while.:eek:

Hope this helps as a general "how to".:)

Cheers,
Alex.

G3 and a mop handed to a novice is a liability. I see cars that have been fucked by a so called pro using that combination on a daily basis!