ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat query

172 Cup

Can anyone tell me the power gains of a decat? Anyone done it, if so were they impressed or disappointed?

Golf R/Leon FR

gains from a decat is about 2bhp if that, i assume you already have a full system on?

it will be louder with a decat.

Burgandy 174 sport t

there is a difference, not much but there is. give yourself a bit of time when u fit it I had a c**t of a time fitting mine.

172 Cup

I think someones been pullin my piss. I herd in the range of 5-7 bhp gain. I dont have a full system, bit strapped for cash atm :( Think ill get my holiday out the way then hopefully ill be able to afford one.

320d

They do give a performance gain not much but every little helps plus of course a better exhaust note

bhp per £ a decat is about the best mod available

172 Cup

Would the exhaust note be loud at low revs? I already piss my neighbours off enough as theyve taken up all the speed humps on my street because some choad in a fiesta flipped over outside my house.

Megane225FF

decatted itll give a nice burble at low revs, but it does get louder.. especially on the motorway!

2005 Impreza WRX STI

its deffo louder!gains are noticable!extra mph in each gear too!i love mine!

a bit of advice........you need two people to fit it and try and do it over a pit otherwise the back of the two bolts are a nightmare to hold on to. ie if you were doing it on a lift and the cars in the air...........so would the other person helping out:p

it not really a huge power gain modification, its a powr delivery modification.

the car will rev that bit more freely, and so bit a little bit more resposive when you plant your foot. In terms of BHp increase it might be 1 or 2. Be a bit warry tho for everyday use, as police can test emissions at the road side now, and can deam your car unroadworthy if it fails.

SC 172 FF

i havnt really notice much power increase with mine....

but its VERY loud! lol...

id say iv noticed an increase in torque though!

id def get 1 m8, but only get 1 if ur gona get a stainless steel system straight through!....and remember ull need a spare cat 4 wen ur MOT cums along as it will fail without a CAT on it!

Suzuki SV650

Ive got a silenced de-cat and I didnt really notice much change in the noise, exhaust sounds a bit raspier thou, sounds like its blowing but its ok Ive had it checked. Doesnt give you a load of power, it revs more freely like people have said as the engine can chuck out its exhaust gases better without the honeycomb mesh of the cat restricting it. Think youd lose a bit of power at the top end, I had a flat spot at the top of my power graph, maybe its due to the backpressue being lost a bit, but Im not sure. Im sure a replacement ECU would sort this out thou!

Lionel Richie

172s dont like back pressure, the std backbox causes a sh*t load of back pressure as does the CAT

for decent power you want at least a 63mm system through out

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 14 August 2005

172s dont like back pressure, the std backbox causes a sh*t load of back pressure as does the CAT

for decent power you want at least a 63mm system through out
Same with a 1.2...........

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 14 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 14 August 2005172s dont like back pressure, the std backbox causes a sh*t load of back pressure as does the CAT

for decent power you want at least a 63mm system through out[/QUOTE]Same with a 1.2...........

if your name is Tyrone maybe