ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dealer Rant!!!!

Took my car in Monday for the temp sensor sorting out. They have rang me this afternoon to tell me that they cant find anything wrong with it. So I now have to finish work early tomorrow to pick up my car that isnt fixed. To then drive round until it starts doing it again take it back and show them.

I cant take it in Mon - Fri due to work and I work most Sats so that leaves Sun when there is no engineers there. What am I supposed to do.

Ive told them about ClioSport.net and explained its a common fault with 182s around the country but they aint botherd.

Sounds very very familiar. Contact Renault UK - they wont give a flying f**k either.

Solution? Never buy another Renualt as long as you have a hole up your ass.

106 GTi

What where the symptoms Doigy?

Mine has started playing up when being started from between warm and cold, and have been suggested the temp sensor, but I havent notice the up and down gauage like others. Am dreading taking mine in.

When Im driving and start to go faster the temp gauge just starts dropping. Let of the gas and it goes back up. Thing is it doesnt do it all the time so if Renault cant see it happening then they wont be botherd.

Its not very safe. If the temp gauge drops off to nothing then the car tries to stall. No good in the fast lane of the motorway

Mine did exactly the same thing, up to the point where it broke down in plumes of black smoke and sludge.

FFS its a known problem thats been fixed on a few cars. Why is it not on their system? RUBBISH.

Tell them to call Hardings of Bovingdon on 01442 832102. Theyve just recently fixed mine for the same fault, so the technician should remember what he did...other than rag the f**k out of it for 60 miles and leave it with the fuel warning light on.

Cam

182 Cup

I had the same problem with mine. (also told lady at the counter about other CS users havin the same prb, said she was a member!!) anyway within 3 hours of goin in it was fixed, said it was a loose connection. Also cleaned the car which they did a good job and no petrol used!!! It was at Lookers Renault, Chester.

Picked my car up today unfixed. Sat in the car and the b******s had taken the ash try completly out and just left it on the floor. Was not impressed