ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Current best buy for iPhone 3GS or 4?

The misses is finally getting rid of the shite piece of Samsung she's had for the last four years. She wants an iPhone, mainly for the fact that it's useful for apps, location and internet, games etc.

She doesn't want or need the 4, but would obviously be a bonus. She also doesn't want to spend more than £25 per month, but the contract length doesn't matter and as close to free as possible for the phone...!

Spotted Orange doing 24 months @ £25 for a free 3GS in the Metro this morning... Vodafone is out as there is no reception (she doesn't understand or want a Sure Signal...). Minutes doesn't matter, as she doesn't call that much. Texts and internet are the main interests.

Any other offers people have?

Seat Ibiza
I thought 3 did it, well they do but you have to pay £219 upfront for the phone.

I would recommend getting the 4 over the 3GS though, not because its a bad phone but due to when they bring out iOS 5, the 3GS will be ultra slow like the standard 3 was when iOS4 came out.

Am I allowed to say neither?

But if she wants it now, get a 4. The 3GS is over 2 years old and if she's going to have it for another 2 years..

Yeah you can fella, but she wants an iphone but isn't worthy of a 5. Prices etc wouldn't suit. Putting two and two together, are you suggesting wait for the five and the 4's inevitable drop in price?

Yeah you can fella, but she wants an iphone but isn't worthy of a 5. Prices etc wouldn't suit. Putting two and two together, are you suggesting wait for the five and the 4's inevitable drop in price?

I meant wait and see what happens.

There's no guarantee the 4 will go down. The 3GS went up.

Seat Ibiza
I meant wait and see what happens.

There's no guarantee the 4 will go down. The 3GS went up.

But will the 3GS suffer with the slow issues like the old 3 did when new software came out, thats what i'm scared of.

Has she considered/am I allowed to suggest an Android handset?

Tend to get a lot more for your money and does everything that an iPhone can.

But will the 3GS suffer with the slow issues like the old 3 did when new software came out, thats what i'm scared of.

If the 5 is going to be dual core than even the 4 will suffer with speed related issues I would have thought..?

Last edited: