ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Coilovers - help needed - H&R, FK, Bilstein owners

PH1 172
Right, i have done endless searching, and cant find the answer!

recentyl lowered my 172 cup on eibach springs, but not really happy with how it sits or how it handles. so onto coilovers

now i stuck between three sets - FK Silverline X, H&R's, Bilsteins from GDI at £699
now i know the FK are height adjustable and dampening adjustable - but some people seem to have some type of problem with them?

thing puttin me off H&Rs is the lack of dampening adjustablity - how harsh is the ride for a everyday car thats driven pretty hard?

know nothing about bilsteins so any help appreciated :)

Thanks

Ross

I have H&R's set up correctly by Mark Fish Motorsport and do approximately 250 plus miles a week.

No problems with everyday use, not much difference to standard dampers on lowering springs comfortwise but the handling is oh so sweet. Corners like on rails, back end follows the front superbly :approve:

I'd be forever playing with adjustable dampers and never completely satisfied.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
agree with the above, i have had h&rs and driven a few cars with them on, ride is great (almost like stock)

transforms the handling too,

I have FK's and they are too harsh for the road and generally just crap. Good on track though, but cost me a fotune to have setup properly.

Nikon D700
I've got FKs and have no problem with them.
Set up myself, but they feel about right. They are a bit crashy, but for £600 you can live with that.