ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creative Zen to Alpine CDA-9851A - how?

OK, I've got an Alpine CDA-9851A headunit and am planning on buying a Creative Zen Vision:M (rather than an iPod). How can I connect this to have playback through the headunit?

The Alpine unit has controls for an iPod (via an adaptor) but I'm not sure how an alternative portable music player such as a Creative Zen Vision:M could be connected. The headunit has what Alpine call an "Ai-NET" adaptor on the rear of the headunit which I think is used for connecting changers or other devices.

Could anyone tell me which of these adaptors (if any) could I use?
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ind..._id=11&cadid=dd1dd15a659d589ecdda41327ba8ce5d

Cheers for any help, I really don't have a clue about stuff like this :eek:

Ally

Cheers Dink! Will that just plug into the headphone socket on the Zen machine then?

Alan - yep, can't be arsed with changing all my music into iPod compatible format. The drag and drop of the Zen really appeals as I've got about 25Gb of music already on my PC as wma's.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Alpine are about to release a USB adaptor (I think its called a KCA-620 or something) that should allow an Alpine HU to control any USB device.

I don't have any more details on it at the moment though, waiting for Alpine to e-mail me when it's available.

^^^ That could be useful - I know they've got an adaptor available at the moment (with a number something like that) but it's designed to work only with iPods AFAIK. Please keep us up to date when you've got more details!

I'll wait until I've actually bought a Creative Zen and will just buy the cable to link it to the HU, and if a proper adaptor becomes available later I'll maybe upgrade to that.

Cheers

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Alpine KCA-620M - £139.99!!!!
http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/a2578.det.%84KCA-620M%94-copy.htm

Err, think I'll just try the £14.99 cable as Dink highlighted above... Fair enough I won't be able to control my Zen from the headunit, but how can they justify £140!!!

See I would be willing to pay that if it menat that I could leave the mp3 in the boot install! But then im stupid like that! Just dont want to be pissing about with a mp3 player whilst driving, wnat to control it through the stereo.

My main problem (other than cash!) is ive got a cda7893r which does have ai net but im sure is either a 2002 or 2003 model, would this not work at all?