ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crank Sensor - Clean

Tonight i am going to have a go at cleaning the crank sensor on my 172 mk2, to see if it stops my random non starting issue.

I understand its under the filter (Black square - two bolts) attached to the engine. Have any of you nice folk got a photo or something so i know exactly what I am aiming at;).

Mucho Thanko

Mattie

172 cup'd extreme

Are you on about the TDC sensor?
its attached to the gearbox 2 10mm bolts under the airfilter as you say ... whats the problem you have been having with your 172?

Yeah I think thats what I am on about:confused:.

Every now and again my 172 turns over but doesnt start:( , turn the key again straight away and the engine starts no probs. Loopylou posted on here, that he/she called the AA for a similar problem he cleaned the Crank/TDC sensor and all is now good. So I thought I would give it a try.;)

Lee

BMW M2C

Mine does exactly the same. I had it loads with my 172, my 182 wasnt as bad but the Trophy never starts first time in the garage in the morning. Always fine in the garage after work though.

Ill mention that when they get it Thursday to fix the engine temperature sensor problem!

Let us know how it goes please.

Right Ive been out in the garage. Took the filter off, and there was the "thingy" sensor. Disconnected the connector, un- bolted the sensor and gave it a clean. Not sure how it works, its like a plastic barrel with a metal tip, anyway it is now clean.

Put everything back together.........key in the ignition and ............................... it started first time (I thought it started quicker, but could be placebo effect)

The acid test will be over the next few morning starts, which is when it normally plays up.;)

[Edited by Mattieuk on 26 July 2005 at 8:42pm]

Lee. It started first time this morning :D. If I can get to the end of the week with no miss-starts then that will be a first.

Lee

BMW M2C

Ill mention this to the garage tomorrow. I may as well get them to look at as many faults as possible seeing as they have the car all day.

Cheers.