ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Competition" exhaust mounts...

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I have a single one of those on my 172

Much better than the standard mount!

It's the standard mount except Prima have bunged the rubber bit in the middle, sealed it in, then spraypainted it black

I'm guessing it's so expensive (though that one is for 2 :p) because it's a pain in the arse to make them all by hand.. mine still smelt of paint when it arrived :p

Titanium 182
I want them because the standard ones are s**t but I'm a student and the original mounts are like £7 on ebay : / haha. suppose it's cheap sockets and cable ties for me !

clio 182
sweet baby jesus 70 notes!! thats some sepensive exaust mounts. I've got some original renault mounts in the garage off my 182, think I might look at removing the old rubber and machine a stiffer substitute to pop back in. Nylon? maybe a bit to stiff lol. I feel some experimenting coming on.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Just make your own out of powerflex hangers mate. It's cost £12 and does exactly the same job

BG 182 FF
I made my own the same as Prima's using polyurethane blocks inserted in to a mount and drilled.

Cost me about £15 per mount, that's includes buying new mounts to butcher. I can see why they charge so much though, it does take time to do.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
I made my own the same as Prima's using polyurethane blocks inserted in to a mount and drilled.

Cost me about £15 per mount, that's includes buying new mounts to butcher. I can see why they charge so much though, it does take time to do.

Time is money afterall lol.

Seriously they are a very good mount well worth the money to get someone else to do a 'proper job' said with a farmers accent...

clio 182
i made my own using universal powerflex mounts, there is i guide on here. mounts cost me 7quid each and took around an hour to make it and stick them back on my car.
if you have loads of cash why not pay 70quid..my cheap job does just the same :)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
I suppose there is a fair saving if you have a 182, 172's only have rhe one mount so it's half the price.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
The powerflex mounts do exactly the same thing as the prima mounts but are £70 cheaper for a 182 than the primas.

The powerflex have been sound for me and I have done a fair few miles with them on now.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
The powerflex mounts do exactly the same thing as the prima mounts but are £70 cheaper for a 182 than the primas.

The powerflex have been sound for me and I have done a fair few miles with them on now.

Silly question, or response in this case.
But if they are £70 cheaper than the Prima's, then you are saying that for 2x Powerflex mounts, it costs £8.45?

Titanium 182
I just bought 2 new standard ones.. Gonna cable tie some cheap sockets in them and hope for the best :dapprove:

CBR1000RR Fireblade
For the primas with delivery for me it was £80 something. The powerflexes were £12 for a pair delivered

So yes, about £70 more expensive for me.

The powerflex are holding up fine for now

350z GT
I bought the single one and its a very good quality mount.

Time will tell how well it lasts but looks like it wont collapse at all :)

should keep my yozza sitting nice and high

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I filled mine with cheap black silicone. 8 months later they are ok and only cost me 2,5 £ and 3 days for the stuff to cure properly.