ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

compbrake kit fitted pics

VX220 Turbo
compbrakekitlowres.jpg

compbrakelowres2.jpg

compbrakelowres3withwheel.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/a13exf/compbrakelowres3withwheel.jpg

M

mini-valver

That bottom one is a photoshop, and not even a good one! The cheek of it.....

VX220 Turbo
lol i know it is i took a pic of it while the wheel was on the axle stands looked a bit pants so thought i'd shop the bodywork back on it lol.

the rest of it is genuine though

lol i know it is i took a pic of it while the wheel was on the axle stands looked a bit pants so thought i'd shop the bodywork back on it lol.

Trophy 4x4 ride height ;)

I have them on my car. Still need to re-bleed the system before I make my final decision on them. I personally would not use race pads (which I think Ali had?) on the road. I went for the 'mildest' (fast road) pad that was available.

CS Dungeon

Trophy 4x4 ride height ;)

I have them on my car. Still need to re-bleed the system before I make my final decision on them. I personally would not use race pads (which I think Ali had?) on the road. I went for the 'mildest' (fast road) pad that was available.

Ditto, I had DS3000 in my Hi-Specs and they were pretty bad for road use

clio 172 cup
How can you tell?

Its the vanes on the inside that determine the turning direction, not the grooves on the surface of the disc as shown on the pics.

Some manufacturers make discs with grooves that go either way depending upon what kit you bought.

The vanes between the disc should take air from the hub and throw it out of the top of the disc centrifugally, rather than try to scoop air in from the outside of the disc as it turns.

Hope that clears things.
They could still be on wrong, but it's just not possible to see from the pics

Darren

clio 172 cup
Its the vanes on the inside that determine the turning direction, not the grooves on the surface of the disc as shown on the pics.

Daz

Clio 172 Cup
because with the power vane rotors they are designed to take air in through the inside of the disc outwards as they are not straight vained they are curved and for them to be fitted the right way the outer edge of the groove on the face of the disc should reach the caliper first

allthough you are correct about your typival CS drivel as most CS owners are retarded yocals that find difficulty in reading and dont posses much technical knowledge or ability

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
because with the power vane rotors they are designed to take air in through the inside of the disc outwards as they are not straight vained they are curved and for them to be fitted the right way the outer edge of the groove on the face of the disc should reach the caliper first

allthough you are correct about your typival CS drivel as most CS owners are retarded yocals that find difficulty in reading and dont posses much technical knowledge or ability

big HUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! I still percieve that to being the correct way...And given that i did 100's of laps on track with them with no fade it negates your point. One of Stevens bods even gave them the seal of approval.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy

Are you sure, the damper in the first photo hasn't got any drainage holes and looks very new;)

many
Stick a pencil in the groove in the rotor at the top of the wheel.

If it points backwards towards the back of the car they are on correct.

Ignore the website technical picture that pic was 'borrowed' from another internet source ;)

Clio 172 Cup
Stick a pencil in the groove in the rotor at the top of the wheel.

If it points backwards towards the back of the car they are on correct.

Ignore the website technical picture that pic was 'borrowed' from another internet source ;)

correct

i think that the disc are a different design now so you cant go off the look without doing this test i think that the grooves are now cut the other way.

many
And to clarify 'groove' I mean in the curved vein bit in the centre of the rotor.

Dont think we have ever changed direction of the face groove as that is like its trademark ;)