ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch issues (I think)

Recently my car has been making a wee squeak, when i accelarate and come off the throttle in any gear and its coming from the front of the car.

I mostly hear it when driving around town and have checked the middle exhaust box mount as i thought it was the exhaust rattling on its bushes and its fine.

The Gearbox level is fine and the Engine mounts are ok too and have no play in them.

Steering feels the same as always so kinda rules out ball joints etc.

The squesking seemed to go away today and came back as car warmed up after being used for about 30mins.

It doesn't increase with revs so rules out tensioners etc and they got changed with cam/aux belt etc not long ago.
Also nowt to do with the brakes as using the brakes makes no difference and it only squeaks when you let off and go back on throttle to move off.

I started digging fiurther to see where the noise could be coming from and it looks like it could maybe be clutch selector fork, reason it think that is the bar that comes out of the gearbox that the clutch cable is attached too is making the same noise when you move it side to side.

The clutch bite is fine and the clutch aint slipping at all and there is no release bearing noise when i push down or release the clutch pedal .

So i'm stumped.

Anyone any ideas ?

Is there anything inside the gearbox clutch related that may need greased to stop the noise ?