ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cloundy windscreen fix?

BMW M3
Hi there,

Having some visibility problems through my windscreen at night when its raining. I think the cause is that i used Rain X a while ago but used my wipers too. So now when it wipes it leaves patchy cloudy parts on the screen making it hard to see through.

Just wondering if anyone knows what i could do to get this stuff off or stop the clouding. I have used window cleaner but makes no difference.

Thanks

Jus

Edit: maybe this should be in the Car Detailing section.. sorry.

Megane225FF
try wiping your wiper blades with vinegar.. that'll get rid of any cr@p you have on your wiper blades.. good place to start..

106 GTi
Polish the scream with a good glass polish to cut through the smeary Rain X. Autoglym Glass Polish should work well.

BMW M3
Thanks guys..

Tried wiping the blades but no difference. There bosch ones but think there on their way out. Will try the glass polish... sound good.

Thanks

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
r-jay said:
Polish the scream with a good glass polish to cut through the smeary Rain X. Autoglym Glass Polish should work well.

Alright R-jay .
Any advice on a chip in my windscreen . Had my last car over 4 years not a single chip , had my 182 just over a week and a f*ckin stone flew up from a van in front this afternoon :( Well p*ssed of to say the least .

Its not a really deep chip more like a surface scratch ? Years ago we used to used diamond powder at work for polishing scratches out of glass but we don't use it anymore .
Obviously i don't want something too abrasive so i polish a slight indentation into the glass .
You ever used anything for scratched windscreens , or anybody else got any advice ?

MrBillyUK !