ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Valeo Clutch

Clio 182
Hi all,

Just got back from ECP with my new Valeo clutch for the 182. The part code on the side of the box is 801985. I see on this forum and Valeo's website that there is a second Valeo clutch with part code 826558. This other clutch has a different hub profile (whatever that is) but everything else matches. Could someone please confirm if the clutch I have been provided will indeed work as intended?

Thanks,
Chris.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
  Clio 182
The correct Valeo Clutch for a standard 172/182 is Valeo - 826558

You can buy a genuine one from @George@RTR_Parts or from his ebay shop.

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I only have access to a ramp tomorrow, is this clutch going to be the incorrect part? I just don't want to go to hassle of stripping the car down to find it won't fit.

monaco 172
Iirc the phase 1 had a different part number, but was the same clutch.

Maybe you have been supplied with a phase 1 clutch, but actually it's the same part

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
No great surprise that ECP didn't get the part right, their system is f**king shocking.

Clio 182
You dont need to remove the box completely to do the clutch fyi. Just split it

What method would you recommend? I was going to drop the subframe but I have read of people dropping the passenger side of the subframe and sliding the box over, is there anything else required to be removed other than passenger driveshaft, gearbox mounts, battery etc?

monaco 172
Drop the subframe mate.

I did it by just splitting the box and did it from above once and by the time I'd emptied the engine bay of everything in the way and manoivered the box into a place I could access the little bolts into the flywheel it would have been quicker to just drop the subframe, which is what I did the next time i did one.

Just remember to detach the steering column universal joint before you drop the frame, and don't move the steering wheel once it's detached!

Drives side doesn't need dropping completely, just lower the bolts a few inch, but remove the bolts completely on the passenger side and the frame will swing down and give you plenty of room.

Battery
Airbox
Top gearbox mount
Dogbone
Lower mount between box and subframe
Drive shafts will both need pulling really, you don't want to damage the passenger side when you drop the box off the block
Oil
I took the bumper off aswel just to make life a bit easier, easier access to the bolts, better light etc.
Brake caliper and tie wrap it up to the shock
Then the top mounts on the shocks
Pinch bolt for steering column
Those strengthening rods between the chassis and subframe
Then the whole lot should just drop down, might need a log bar to pry the subframe down as it's housed quite tightly

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Hi all, finished the clutch change last night along with new ARB and steering rack bushes, and also ball joints and track rod ends. The car feels fantastic now. I went with dropping the subframe completely on the passenger side and moving the gearbox into the wheel arch, more than enough room to change the clutch. Every bolt back in except for this little bracket that I can't figure out. It appears it would be from the ECU support bracket that runs to the crash bar. If anyone knows where it goes that would be great! Thanks all for the help, really chuffed with how everything turned out.

15879155117761752690064675572545.jpg

monaco 172
Haha I ended up with the exact same part left over last time around.

I seem to remember it going on the end of that support bar that runs next to the battery from the ECU to the front but I never re fit it before selling the car, I believe it's still in my toolbox lol