ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 oil and water leak

182 cup
Recently bought another clio 182 and it had been lowered a silly amount, had planned to raise it again but unfortunately before I've had a chance I drove over a non obvious yet ridiculous speedbump and have knocked the sump. Looked okay at first there isnt really any scratches, although a day or so later I have noticed quite a large pool of oil underneath the car. Raised it up and have had a look, looking behind the caliper I can see there is engine oil dripping from behind or slightly above what i think is the waterpump (second pulley up from the ground) and also water is dripping I think from the waterpump but can't pinpoint it exactly. The mixture of water and oil may have made the patch appear worse than it is.
Any idea where the oil could be coming from? And will I need to remove the engine to see if the waterpump has been knocked and/or find and fix the oil leak.
Thanks if anyone has any information or ideas, James.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Best place to start would be the sump seal I woudve thought, then work you way through