ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 misfiring

Renault clio 182
Hi guys.. Woundering if anyone would be able to help me. I live in south africa and recently bought a awesome Renault clio sport 182. Absolutely love the car.
Had a little problem the other day, the car started to misfire. I thought it could be the coil pack so orderd one from Renault and got it today. Came home excited to fit the new coil pack and get my car running again. Fitted the coil pack and still had the same problem.

Anybody might know of any other problem regarding the misfire issue and what I can do or check to get it sorted? Or what the problem can be?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Keegan

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Try the HT leads.
And could also be injector
Could also be the spark plugs

Find out what cylinder it is misfiring on first then go from there with swapping leads and injectors to see if the misfire moves.

I'm sure others will be able to help more though.

Renault clio 182
Thanks for the reply. Will definitely check it out. Some say it could maybe be the ECU? But I hope its not, could get expensive if it is?

182 clio
There is a thread on here I saw that let's you read faults using onboard computer.
I will have a look for it for you

182 clio

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Get yourself a simple OBDII fault reader -they're very cheap here in EU, one with Bluetooth to connect to an app on your smart phone (e.g. free Torque lite app)
Very portable diagnostic, will read and clear most engine fault codes.