ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clicking on nsr wheel when applying brakes

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
When I am driving...all seems fine. When I press brake pedal, there is like a clicking noise as it slows. Doesnt do it any other time.

I've changed front pads before...so might do rears, but unsure what I need to do with them to get pads off as I've never done rears before.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
It went away, came back, went away came back and has now gone and never been back.

I had the whole lot at the back stripped and put it all back together and there was nothing for a few weeks and then it happened once and then stopped again an it has not happened since. I do currently have new discs, pads & handbrake cables sitting in the shed but i have never felt the need in fitting them as the rear had new parts put on it from renault and its was all stripped down and put back together.

Don there is a little wire pin clip thing pull it out then tap the retaining plate towards you once out pull the pads out of the carrier noting which way the springs on the pads are located.

Also wind the piston clockwise with a flat head screwdriver.
The inner pads have a notch on them make sure they locate in the slot on the piston.

Very easy to change! If you can do the fronts you can do the rears.