ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Non Sport!

Arctic 182
I shall start this thread by saying that I am by no means a detailer, & won't call cleaning my car detailing! I have just learnt a lot by reading & researching in this section & have built up a basic cleaning kit.

My Clio could definitely do with some paint correction & would benefit from a machine polish, however I think it's looking pretty clean since I've done it by hand. I will be looking into getting a DA machine after Xmas!

This was my first time using IronX, AG tar remover & a clay bar (Bilt Hamber regular).
I was amazed at how much crap came off the paint with the clay bar! I wanted to give it a proper clean & protect for winter.

Cleaning steps: (after doing interior/glass)
Wheels-Rinse-*foamed-washed2BM-rinse-IronX-DeTar-rinse-clay-2nd wash-dry-SRP-dodo wax-windows & lights with C2v3-2nd coat wax 2 hours later. *I say foamed, I squeezed out the wash mitt over the car as I've not got a pressure washer!

Pics! (iPhone)
veta4aba.jpg
u2aby8eg.jpg
ejevu4uv.jpg
bu9edu7a.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Results look great if that's your first go at a thorough clean, You should be happy with that.

Looks superb (bar the exhaust, but that's personal taste)! You should be very pleased with that!

One thing to note - tar removers are horrible products, so I'd advise washing the car, rather than just rinsing after using one, before you clay. If there is even a slight amount of the tar remover left on the paint work, it will eat through it before you can say BiltHamberAutoClay...!

Arctic 182
Results look great if that's your first go at a thorough clean, You should be happy with that.

Thanks mate, it was first go using clay, Tar remover & IronX, but have waxed ETC before!

Looks superb (bar the exhaust, but that's personal taste)! You should be very pleased with that!

One thing to note - tar removers are horrible products, so I'd advise washing the car, rather than just rinsing after using one, before you clay. If there is even a slight amount of the tar remover left on the paint work, it will eat through it before you can say BiltHamberAutoClay...!

Thanks for the advice mate, I didn't know it can cause problems with claying so I'll definitely wash after next time. I am well happy with it lol. Can't wait to get into using a DA polisher!

Good job.

Looks nice and shiny

Thanks mate! Won't be for long though with this weather :(