ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clay

www.renparts.co.uk
Was viewing the old clay bar product from meguiars.... how is it? is it a really risky job to do? like could i mess up my paint easily. After polishing and waxing today noticed i have tar sports all over my bonnet so thought i would give it a try.... Just looking for some reccomendations and wether the meguiars product is any good.....

Wow.. its 3.12 in the morning and i can't sleep ;) thinking about glassy bonnet :)

Theres a how to guide somehwere on here, make sure the clay is warm when used, keep in warm water at this time of year during use, this is so the abrasives can retract into the soft plastic. Also use plenty of lube and you wll be fine!!

106 GTi
Clean the car well, I prefer to dissolve clay with AG Tar remover rather than shear it off, and let clay get the rest.

When claying use plenty of lubricant ( I prefer a strong soapy water mix, on a pre wet panel/area from rather than the Quick detailer supplied), fold the clay often the give you a clean face.

Cut the bar into 2 or 3 so if you drop it on the floor you dont waste a whole bar.

Make sure the clay is warm and soft dont try it if the clay feels hard as it will do damge, warm it up in a buket of warm water if needed.

Be carefull and you should be fine.

i clayed mine for the first time yesterday. its quite simple really.

cars filthy again now though and covered in salt :(