ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

classic black/silver plates????

Inferno 182
hi,thinking of putting some old style black and silver reg plates on my 182 which i know is against the law but does anybody out there know whats the max the police can do if i get pulled,was thinking you just get a ticket to produce documents and get a MOT stamp to say they have been changed back to legal requirement,please help!!!!!
cheers for all the welcomes a couple of days ago.

MK2 P1 1.4S
I was thinking about this too, as It would look smart on a black car IMO, but... I really didn't want to get pulled over full stop, I don't want to be driving a car where I s**t bricks every time I see the police, so I decided against it. I love the idea, but is it really worth all the hassle if you get pulled?

106 GTi
Used to have them on my old 309 GTi but always caused hassle, looked good though.

Inferno 182
was thinking local town plod might not bother wuth hassle as well,might be different with traffic police on motorways though,but been on dvla site and even the plates with a football crest and other similar things are illegal and there are loads of them about

Ford Fiesta
You'll almost certainly get pulled fella. More so than if you had a dodgy font.

Last edited:
  Beetle
i've been meaning to order a set for a while, would only use them at shows like FCS etc though.

dont be stupid. only classic cars of a certain age limit can have them. If your caught you can get up to £1000 fine and your registration seized from you.

regular section bobbies will take positive action traffic moreso.