ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clarion Head Units

Skoda Fabia vRS

are they any good, for the price they seem to be loaded with features and have very good power output

?

Clarions are very nice headunits. Even the ones at the bottom of the range have good amps. They also do some mint looking brushed aluminium ones. We dot he full Clarion range..we just havent put them on the site yet.

Russ

http://www.evilice.co.ukwww.evilice.co.uk

i was asking about these but no one knew anything about them im looking at DXZ928R, DXZ818RMP or even VRX928RVD any info on these mr russ evill ice god of everything car audio ;)

Nice title dogmaul..Ill put it on one of those plastic things that go on desks. I must have missed the post when you were asking about Clarion stuff..sorry.

Anyway back to the point. Theres a big price difference between those units. The 928RVD is obviously the headunit with a screen. Now if you havent ever seen a Clarion screen they are sweet as you like. Id say on par with Pioneer which can only be a good thing. With regards to the other 2 models. They both have 24bit d/a converters which improves sound quality. The 818RMP is MP3 so it is slghtly more expensive. Other than that they are similar specs. If you want MP3 then the 818 is the only one to go for unless you splash out on a screen...you know you want to. If however you arent bothered about MP3 then you could go for the cheaper model as it is a very similar model

Hope that helps...oh and if you want any prices let me know..as usual well be trying to beat everyone elses.

Russ

Skoda Fabia vRS

Russ could i have a price on a DXZ928R

and would the dual screen thing foul on a Mk1 clio ?

Apparently theres no problems with the dual screen models in Clios however i have never tried it myself so i couldnt say for sure. I would think it would be alright as the top section comes out at about the right angle to miss the recess.

We do the DXZ928R for £342.99 according to our price sheet..However that does seem to be a bit out for some reason. Ill check up on it you.

Russ

Yes youre right you can. Thats why i need to check the price. Maybe there has been a price drop recently that i havent been told about.

Russ