ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

citroen mist jet washers upgrade

W

WAR 23N

Think I'm going to order myself some of these aswell.... Do the old washer jets just pull out I take it?

1eight2
I ordered some on Tuesday, still waiting for them to arrive.

Think I'm going to order myself some of these aswell.... Do the old washer jets just pull out I take it?

Yeah, little bit awkward. Hardest thing is getting a grip on the washer to pull out.

306 GTI-6
These are Xsara mist jets, and are definitely what most people use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gA7vvrVmjE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

20120730_185021.gif

extreme flamer
Make sure you adjust them or they will probably just miss your windscreen or hit it right at the bottom
How is this done mate? I've just fitted mines today and one of them is aimed at the scuttle panel which barely lets the water hit the window

306 GTI-6
They arent adjustable as far as I can tell. You could try using a pin and seeing if you can re-aim it.

The alternative would be to use a slightly wedge shaped thin piece of rubber between the nozzle and bonnet.

This would lift the edge closer to the windscreen and therefore adjust the aim

306 GTI-6
To the op, what part number was on yours, and were they still sealednin an original packet.

If I remember rightly, there is also a version for the pug 307 which looks identical, but has a different aim point due to a different slope to the bonnet.

I changed washers on both my daughters Clios, (Mk2 Ph1 & Mk2 Ph2) with washers from Citroen C4 part number c6438ca, they work really well much better than standard. I told the Citroen dealer I was member of C4owners.org, he had never heard of it, but gave me 10% off anyway, so worth a try!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I changed washers on both my daughters Clios, (Mk2 Ph1 & Mk2 Ph2) with washers from Citroen C4 part number c6438ca, they work really well much better than standard. I told the Citroen dealer I was member of C4owners.org, he had never heard of it, but gave me 10% off anyway, so worth a try!

Are those ones mist jet ones?

extreme flamer
To the op, what part number was on yours, and were they still sealednin an original packet.

If I remember rightly, there is also a version for the pug 307 which looks identical, but has a different aim point due to a different slope to the bonnet.

No idea what the part number is, they weren't in a dealership packet or anything just a padded envelope.

I don't think they're genuine tbh this is them: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140813658939?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 serves me right for buying cheap sh*te

Ged

PD130 Peach
Iv put some on my mk3. Had to use a stanley knife to trim some plastic, but then fit well!

Worth nothing I probs need to adjust mine with a shim of some kind... Due to the more slanted mk3 windscreen at a standstill the washer jets hit the screen but not perfectly. Once your moving like 30-40mph wind resistance means aim is perfect.

Still better than standard and uses ALLOT less water :)

306 GTI-6
So is it just pull old ones off with some pliers. Push tubing on to new ones. Push new ones into the holes.

That simple?

extreme flamer
They look genuine, but as the pug ones are identical, they could be them.

I just buy mine from the dealer, bit more expensive but the right ones.

Part numer is 6438.v8

Could be, the only diffrence I can see from pictures is that the little nozzle seems to be slightly diffrent from genuine xsara ones

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I fitted some genuine Citroen mist jets and found the trajectory of the mist hit the wiper arms?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm still too tight to buy them, I bought originals for my old 182 when you could get them for around £6, not paying nearly £20

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I have these which work as above

Look the same as these:

disclaimer, the moment I installed these my power steering pump exploded.... coincidence? I think not - it f**king knew a Chinese knock off Citroen part had been added to its soul.