ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Shampoo!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I appreciate the importance of a good polish and sealant but what about Shampoo???

I would never buy Halford's own brand (which I'm sure is probably quite reasonable lol) but is there really any difference in the following brands?

Mer
Chemical Guys
Autoglym
Megs
Zymol

etc etc...

Is a shampoo all about protection rather than finish?

D

deadonkey

I wouldnt recommend the Autoglym shampoo. I used it for a while and although its well respected for its slickness
(this is important as it prevents any grit scratching the paint).
It doesnt however foam well at all which puts people off including myself.

I changed to Poorboys Slick and Suds. It feels slicker and you get loads of foam. 100% Better.

I would also recommend staying away from Mer. If their polish is anything to go by it will be rubbish

106 GTi
A good shampoo should safely clean and lift of grime by producing a slick wash soloution, suds are not a must, while being kind to waxes and sealants and not remove them too, as well as leave a nice gloss and finish.

Lots of differences between them. (I dont like the AG's lack of Suds or the Meguiars NXT being to strong)

For me the ones that do all off the above are.

In Bluk - Meguiars Shamppoo Plus or Hyper Wash, very cost effective at 15-18 quid for 3 litres.

On my 182 - Sonax Gloss Shampoo, Duragloss Wash or Swissvax Car Bath, depending on what wax/sealant I am using.

BMW M3
I bought Chemical Guys Super Suds II last time. Great colour and almond smell ha.

The suds weren't as super as I thought which I know isn't important but still. Did a good enough job though, however I swear it wasn't as shiny as usual after - very strange.

Will continue to use though.