ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car covers

Due to the recent weather im interested in getting a good car cover. Does anyone use one, how are they coping, and how much!?

I was thinking about one too, but I dunno how my alarm with its Perimeter protection sensor would cope with it. :confused:

Daz.

Might be a problem, unless you can get it adjusted. Isnt there a valet mode where you can turn off the perimeter bit and just make it go off when someone is more forceful in making an entry?

I can turn the sensor off, but that defeats the object of having it.

Id like it on at night..

Its not much of a problem, just have to de-ice it in the morning...

Daz

H22A7 Accord Type R

i was thinkin about gettin one too, as my car spends all day sat at home! I cleaned it on saturday, its not moved since, but when i do take it out for a spin, it will be dirty when i go to start it up! At least its not got salt on it tho ;)

H22A7 Accord Type R

i wannt take mine out for a spin, but dont see the point in the sh*ty weather conditions! i might just start it up and move it around in the drive for half an hour lol!

I take it its not that bad where you are then?

Its been snowing since about midnight where i am (se london). Im not sure if i can even get home 2nite! Some people are only getting into work now!

H22A7 Accord Type R

its sh*te in the Leeds area...........no snow, just freezin! wouldnt mind the cold if it was snowing! but it aint, its just boring!!!!!!!!! Nah, all we have is salty-white roads, so not wanting to take the car out cause its back wheels n tyres will be white within a mile!

UM, im comming back to the UK on sat........i have to drive from heathrow to Bristol......is i gonna be bad!?

how long do you think this sh*tty weather is gonna last?

man...i HATE the cold......i mean really HATE the cold.....hate hate hate hate......

350z & 16v Maxi

We have got some in my shop they are not very expensive about £30 and they are breathable fabric, waterproof and have elastic round the bottom. They seem quite good but £30 they cant be that good. I dont know much about car covers.

clio williams, Ph1 172

I got one off e bay. Its made by pro user. Only a pretty cheap thing £40. But its breathable and keeps it dry. Its soft and car shaped too.

quality investment mate, mine cost me 130quid from classic additions and its the nuts, soft on the inside to protect the paintwork but also 100% waterproof, well worth the money!