ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car broken into :(

Clio Dynamique S DCI 86
Last night my car was broken into, passenger lock tried and window smashed, sat nav and ipod gone, im 18 so would rather not claim on my insurance as its clean so far. Is it easier to source a new door and change locks etc?

Thanks.
car

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29063547@N06/4181329188/sizes/l/

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Changing locks is easy enough, PM Joshydee on here, (he runs cliospares) he did me a price on a whole lock set for a 1998 mkph1 and it was pretty good :) fitting isnt too difficult if you have a haynes or some common sense.

You can always get just one lock, but it'd mean you have different keys.

Edit: Sorry for your bad luck, is the lock mullered then? (Can't see from the pic)

Clio Dynamique S DCI 86
sorry about the photo, taken last night, the lock is probobly ok, just all the body work around it, keyed pretty deeply. How much do second hands doors retail for about if you know by any chance?

Barge
Get to a breakers yard, they might have one. No idea on cost. Someone else might be able to answer this, but will the keys have to be reprogrammed if there's a new door/lock fitted?

Terrible bad luck, dude. Were the sat nav/iPod on show?

Clio Dynamique S DCI 86
Waiting for a quote now, no, they were in the passenger side docket hidden. I'd even put my mount away so purely a pot luck chance. 13 and all if anyone beleives in that stuff.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
A new door from a breakers should be around 50£, I'd fit your lock to it (so you still only have one key) and then all should be well, try to get one in the right colour, or you are looking at around 100-180 to get it painted.

Where abouts are you from mate???

Evo
Should never leave valuable stuff like that in the car.

Even if they do break in at least you havent given em anything.

182 FF
Sorry to hear that pal :dapprove:
I had the same with my DC2 afew years back smashed my window for the stereo i was more pissed about the inconvenience of the window than losing the stereo!Hope you get it sorted ;)

Clio Dynamique S DCI 86
blue, I dont the exact colour name, near burnley but go to uni in chester, so im happy to travel. Worked out via insursance, it will cost around £500 including excess and premium hoik. So probobly better to do it out of pocket. Would a door from the breakers include a window?

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Door from a breakers could come with or without window, but I'd be pretty certain the breakers would have a window you could have to go in the door too. Replacing the electric window mech is easy too, so nothing too much to worry about, door card comes off with 4 torx screws (along the bottom) and then two more on the door (the grab handle and the opening handle both have screws in them) door card will then pull of with a bit of a tugg (its held in with a disgusting glue thing) from there you should be able to see what you need to do pretty much.