ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon EOS 350D lenses...

2008 Albi 197
One for the photographers on here.

My girlfriend has an EOS 350D, which recently we've started to use more often, finding we can get some really good photos with it (my biggest regret is not taking it with us to NY last June!).

We'd like to go to a few track events this year, so have been looking for a decent lens which won't cost us a fortune but will get us some good car shots, and have come across these two:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00005K47Y/?tag=cliospnet01-21

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0000C4GAV/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I've read through the guides in this section (which I must say are excellent) and read about 300mm lenses. We do want a good zoom one, but would the second link to the 105mm be any good, as it will be a little lighter on the wallet?

Neither of us are pro photographers, but are keen to learn as much as possible!

Any help appreciated guys!

i loved my canon 70-200 f4L on my 350d, but it depends how much you want to spend?

I got it off ebay for £300ish delivered, sold it 6 months later for £375, L series lenses hold their value very well...

I was in the same situation, wanted a zoom lens as i was starting out, but just jumped in at the deep end, was worth it as the bit extra money really made the difference in the quality of the pics. As said then I sold it for more and went on to buy a different lens to replace it...

Taken with the 350D + 70-200 f4L...One of the first trackday/motorsport days I took pics on too...

3134336238_bc72540e09.png

3133477209_6dae822b80.png

Mk2 ph1 clio
I bought a sigma 70-300mm for £97.97 and it's superb for the money!

I've done a few panning shots with it on my own car (dad driving of course) and my gf's. they came out pretty well! as long as theres plenty of light, its not a fast glass lens :(

I got it from warehouse express.com!

I bought a sigma 70-300mm for £97.97 and it's superb for the money!

I've done a few panning shots with it on my own car (dad driving of course) and my gf's. they came out pretty well! as long as theres plenty of light, its not a fast glass lens :(

I got it from warehouse express.com!

APO version? If so that's a bargain.

Mk2 ph1 clio
£5 cheaper than other places i've seen it for!

Im pretty happy with the lens i have atm tbh! Just now i know why theres a price difference i wish id went for that!

The Canon 70-300 (instead of 75-300) is supposed to be a very good lens at about the £400 mark - I wouldn't recommend the older 75-300, not particularly sharp and pretty slow to focus wheb - borrowed ome from a friend. It you can stretch abit further then the shorter 70-200mm is acracking lens, just a shame it's about £100 more than was last year!

Oil Burner
Whilst these lens's are good enough for still objects your money would be much better spent on a 70-200 f4, it is expensive, but if your really after some quality pictures you would end up buying this or a similar lense eventually.

I would be tempted to wait for a 2nd hand one to come up. Now the prices have gone up its quite expensive http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/prod32.html

But money well spent, also this lens (if looked after) wont loose much value at all.

Dont be swayed but cheap lens's, they are a false economy.

Mk2 ph1 clio
IMO yes, you won't be disapointed with the lens at all!

Have a look in my wildlife thread.. all the photos in there are taken with the sigma 70-300mm.

2008 Albi 197
Checked your thread, some great photos there! We found that lens on ebay for £50, only problem is the guy has no feedback so I'm a little cautious to put a bid in...

2008 Albi 197
Decided to get the Sigma APO! Came yesterday so not had much chance to play but it seems really good so far.

table019.jpg

table044.jpg

table045.jpg