ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cannonball run story

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant watch, even more so if you grew up watching the film.

For me this was THE very car that manifested my love of cars back in the 80's, and i've probably watched the film over 100 times. I think i wore the VHS out!
As a film by plot and acting standards its proper low rent. However the cast and all the right bits are there, and its one of those films that could never be repeated with the magic of the original.
As for the car, there are many other cars of which i would want to own before a LP400S these days, however there no other car that drastically altered the course of my life like this one did. Id have one exactly like this too, low line spec and complete with US front bumper/wing and foglights. I've been an automotive development engineer now for over 22 years and being part of car design was all i ever wanted to do since watching this as a kid.

The opening scene is almost 4 minutes of this thing being ragged along the highway and to me still stands as the most enjoyable opening sequence of any car film. So i think its thoroughly deserved that the car is now registered as a piece of US automotive history.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Watched it the other week, brought back good memories of that movie

Some of the people they interview are typical OTT Americans but nevertheless it’s a really good watch.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
One of the best car movies ever. Acting is at F&F levels but that doesn’t matter a bit. The outtakes at the end are equally as brilliant.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
i watched the movie

200.gif