ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cable Confusion - only for the brave!

OK ive established what most of my butchered cables are for but ive got some problems.

I have 2 left : a Grey/Blue & a Grey/Black

Anyone know why they are there?

Also the front doors are strange, here goes:

Front Right from Radio: Pink- Beige+

Front Right Dash: 2 x Pink- 2 x Beige+

Front Right Door: Purple / White-Redline

The other side is the same? The front right door appears to come from the same cables as the Dash but is a different colour. There hasnt been speakers in the doors but the cables are live.

Bascially I want to know should I put tweeters in the Dash and speakers in the Door? and does the set up at the moment allow this?

Hi, looks like nobody is touching this one with a 20ft pole..so i mght as well.

The current setup would allow what you want to do but the standard tweeters have built in bassblockers rather than using proper crossovers. Therefore you could do the same and just put bass blockers from 250hz and below on the tweeter cables. Then you can fit the main speakers in the doors.

Renault speaker cabling is a bag of sh*te for colours. The best thing to do is to hook a speaker up to it and play a tune through it. Then try the cables the other way round and play the same tune. Choose whichever way sounds best. Do the same with the tweeters. If you try finding which cable goes where you will be there all day and have the dash in bits..

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

Cheers for answering - Ive figured out most of it now. Its appears that the cables to the front speakers split at some point in to 2 sets - 1 set for the door and 1 set for the dash all originating from 1 set?!. I dont think the ones in the dash are tweeters are they? I have four speakers at the moment 2 in the dash and 2 in the back.

Mr2 Roadster

Haynes manual is the way to go, they all have full wiring diagrams. It wont take you too long to work it out from there...

make a speaker tester up using a battery and speaker wire, put two wires in terminals and u will get scratchy sound ( wont damage speakers) watch the way the cones move in or out for polarity and hey presto

Tom