ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper Respray!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've just had my rear bumper fully resprayed (Tuesday) at a garage after a little bump! I've been told by friends to let the paint cure for at least a week before washing it.

When I picked the car up the garage monkeys had just jet washed the bumper and dried it with a cloth...Would this not damage it?

I was planning on washing the dirt away with a lamb’s wool mitt and some CG shampoo this weekend (I won't be applying SRP or EGP) but now I’m unsure whether this would be wise! What do you think?

106 GTi
Washing it will be fine. Depending on what the bodyshop advices you may need to allow it to cure before waxing/sealing.

Polishing with a wax/sealant free product will be fine.

FF Monaco 172
I've just had my rear bumper fully resprayed (Tuesday) at a garage after a little bump! I've been told by friends to let the paint cure for at least a week before washing it.

When I picked the car up the garage monkeys had just jet washed the bumper and dried it with a cloth...Would this not damage it?

I was planning on washing the dirt away with a lamb’s wool mitt and some CG shampoo this weekend (I won't be applying SRP or EGP) but now I’m unsure whether this would be wise! What do you think?

I had my rear resprayed in the middle of April, i had a similar experience where the car had got very dusty and the chap had ended up making loads of scratches on the side panels and boot where he'd tried to wash it off!!

I washed it fully the next day with a wool mitt and left it a further 7 days before washing it again and polishing and waxing the bumper. Mine turned out fine, best to get advice from your bodyshop like Rich said.