ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BUDGET BANGER- BLANK CANVAS....

clio mk 1
hey all..... bin ghost readin for few days but thought id join :) good place for build thread reading and tech stuff :) im dave, im mad into cars... my toys are classic minis, but when it comes to the daily hack i change em more than my underwear.. house renovation costs have forced me to sell the last hack a 99 gt3 punto turbo, and made my car/toy fund non existant for a lil while so..... needing something to get me to work n back it was perfect timing when the neighbours were getting a newer car n werent sure what to do with there old 1997 clio 1.2 they were thinkin of scrappin the poor old thing but i couldnt see that so £100 changed hands n it made the 5ft journey to my drive. it came with a months mot n tax only 2 owners n 57,000 miles! ive known it for the last 5 or 6 years (bein the neighbours car) n its never let them down n always passed thru its mots with no problems so i cheekily put it thru another one with fingers crossed and...... IT FLU THRU!!! not bad for £100 ey!? ill try find a few snaps......​

clio mk 1
ok so the paint had turned matt... there was moss and the rear arches were rusty..... so with the mrs put on cleaning duty ;P i ground away the dreaded rust n shoved some primer on.... heres how it looked... (ignore the tape measure, just working how much i can slam it by ;) )
car006_zpsa08c23e6.jpg
[/IMG]
car007_zpscaa6ed1c.jpg
[/IMG]
car008_zpsd853145a.jpg
[/IMG]
car009_zps913caa22.jpg
[/IMG]
comments please.....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I miss it so much. I loved that little thing.

Even after two years parked under a tree, I connected the battery and it fired up first time. Bloody bomb proof! Drove lovely as well.

Swift Sport
Exactly what I mean about a car with character... On paper (and to most people) it's worthless, but to you it's amazing.

clio mk 1
daniel---- i love that van ^^ did they do vans or was that a home made jobby? and how much is the front lowered by? i have alot of respect for the whole ratty/parts runner look :) thats what i call it anyway.. whats do you call it?

noahrobinson07-- dont get me started on the minis lol ive got a 65 mk1, 72 clubby turbo, another 65 mk1 deluxe n loads other projects/parts cars stored in garages all ova town lol.

danedser-- the plan is just to slam it n give it some stance.. i believe the car will tell me how it wants to go from there lol ive ''planned'' so many cars before doing them n it always changes so take it step by step, but i know theres so many different tastes n styles on ere so im expecting some stick but i just want people to know this clios just going to be a bit of fun for me, not taken to seriously kinda thing? afterall if i hadnt stepped in n brought it the poor thing would be 3 cars up in my local scrappy! lol

sooo... here goes... ive purchased front springs so theyre on there way in the post but im mr impatient n got bored so i done this.. i know its silly but its brought a smile to my face n i love it more now.. cant wait to see the funny looks ill get until the fronts are here.....

heres some before n after pics
BEFORE..
car008_zpsd853145a.jpg

AFTER..
car010_zps36232ce8.jpg

BEFORE..
car006_zpsa08c23e6.jpg

AFTER..
car011_zps8d31236a.jpg

clio mk 1
well im hoping the fronts will close the gap... the temporary ''speedboat/ dog with worms draggin its ass'' stance is hilarious tho lol, cheers watch this space! ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Good work, the back looks the same height as my van. I burst two Gaz shocks on the back of mine on the way to CSS 11 as it was too low really. Made no difference, the torsion bar looked after it all anyway.

I had coilovers on the front, lowered 110mm, then a Laguna splitter to make it look a bit lower. Believe it or not, it still drove really well!

clio mk 1
you scared me there a minute daniel when u said bout bursting shocks bein that low but as u said im sure the torsion will take the graft...
blimey 110mm on the front.. ive got a decked mk2 vw polo, penny scrapin 6n2 polo and aswell as the minis im used to a harsh ride! i prefer it anyway as im a hire car driver so get to drive brand new stuff all day so love falling into a decked car to do the trip home :)

Petrol Blue 182.
Rat Van was epic Daniel! What ever happened to it?

Good blank canvas, will be keeping an eye on it.

clio mk 1
ahhh mannn what a shame!!! well woulda had that! was it for sale as it was in the pics? n out of curiosity how much was it?

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
D4-DBA....

If you have any tuning parts laying around let me know. My 35 is due for some power and panels LOL.

Noah

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ahhh mannn what a shame!!! well woulda had that! was it for sale as it was in the pics? n out of curiosity how much was it?

£500 I wanted for it. Ended up getting £220 for the shell at the scrappy, got £250 for the wheels and nearly £300 for the audio stuff. (Two big subs, 2 amps, Alpine H/U and two big sony house speakers! lol)

I'd rather have sold it as a whole van though as it had potential to be amazing.

TT QS
£500 I wanted for it. Ended up getting £220 for the shell at the scrappy, got £250 for the wheels and nearly £300 for the audio stuff. (Two big subs, 2 amps, Alpine H/U and two big sony house speakers! lol)

I'd rather have sold it as a whole van though as it had potential to be amazing.

i remember it at CSS. Was really cool tbf. Was the exhaust proper loud too or am I being a spaz? Lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It was an amazing vehicular! Deserved to stay on CS. Why didn't you keep it Dan.

Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

clio mk 1
Just a quickie... Nowt happened due to new years etc.. Goin back to work tomo so will potter with it during my lunch break.. Gonna take a wire wheel to the errr wheels? Lol n spray em... Now can i have some ideas please peeps?? Maybe even photoshop anyone whos bored?

1- black steelys
2- silver steelys
3- black centres, silver rims
4- other ideas welcome....

clio mk 1
Overwhelmed with ideas ^^^^^ NOT! thanks! Lol..

Anyway.... Got some cheap apex springs (yes i kno there s**t etc etc) but this budget banger after all
There supposed to be -60mm but im just wondering if the code printed on them actually means lowered by?
Code is 150-40101 va 45/06 *

Overwhelmed with ideas ^^^^^ NOT! thanks! Lol..

Anyway.... Got some cheap apex springs (yes i kno there s**t etc etc) but this budget banger after all
There supposed to be -60mm but im just wondering if the code printed on them actually means lowered by?
Code is 150-40101 va 45/06 *

I dont think the code means anything to do with how theyre lowered by

I've bought some apex 40mm springs for my mk2 1.2

the codes are:

Front: 150-40501 VA 31/12
Rear: 150-40502 HA 27/12

clio mk 1
Thats good to hear.... just cos they were n.o.s there was no packagin.. N seein the 45 bit scared me thinkin i hadnt received right ones thankyou for replying danedser :)

Last edited: