ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Infinity

Giulietta 940
I'm paying for "up to 24mb down" from BT. I get 1.9mb on a good day, before I lose connection... which is several times a day. The reason I'm paying so much is that I download quite a lot (iPlayer, Steam games etc.) so I regularly go over the 40gb cap :(

Oh, and the line is shared between four people... so trying to play games with a decent ping is nigh on impossible at times. Unfortunately BT is the only option around here (apart from PlusNet, which is BT owned), so its either stick with them, or tether my PC to my HTC Desire with its p*ss poor reception to Vodafone.

I envy you fibre mofos :dapprove:

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
but the up to 24mb line speed is dependant on the line/distance to exchange etc.. so you can't moan about that.

also, if you go over the 40mb cap, then dont be a cheapskate and get unlimited!

They are currently 'fibre-opticing' my area as I speak (switch on is 31st December), how does it work if you're a reasonable distance from a road though? From the looks of things they are just channelling it along the main pavements, so how does it get those last 50m+ or so to your actual house?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
They are currently 'fibre-opticing' my area as I speak (switch on is 31st December), how does it work if you're a reasonable distance from a road though? From the looks of things they are just channelling it along the main pavements, so how does it get those last 50m+ or so to your actual house?

Through your old, dated, shitty copper wire :rasp: Still reasonably fast though imo