ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes

i now alot of people will probably think its not worth it

i got a 1.4 rt mk1 phase 1 and the brakes are sh*te on them.

i am gonna upgrade the front ones to 16v brakes and get some good qualitydisks and pads, and maybe some braided hoses, how hard is this to do?? and if i get braided hoes will i need 16v bradied hoses or 1.4 ones???

also i am thinking bout rear disks, more for show than n e thing plus ulitimate braking, how hard would this be to do and wot would be needed???

n e help appreciated

james

Yeah, havent you now got K-tecs pads and discs..or are you keeping it a secret?! BTW James they are kevlar pads with uprated zinc plated, x-drilled discs, £125 + VAT. You can get beefier discs (285mm) for an extra 80 or so quid.

-Rob

ive cahnged my brakes to 16v ones as as u said original ones are sh*te. not hard to change at all, just get some calipers second hand and but new pads and discs. make sure u got the boolts with the new calipers as diff to ones used to hold the rt calipers on. breaking does become spongy though! so i might b putting in a 16v servo and master cylinder some time.

hold this gives u some idea!

Pete