ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Parts Compatibility Across Renault Model Range

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo
Hello All, I done a few searches, but nothing solid could be found. I know the different size of Discs across the Renault range, but I'd like to know if hub bolt spacing and Caliper Carriers are the same too. Here's a an example to explain:

238mm Disc, Caliper Carrier and Caliper are fitted to:

R5 GT Turbo - confirmed
Clio1 RSI - confirmed
R19 1.4 models - confirmed

259mm Disc, Caliper Carrier and Caliper are fitted to:

R19 16v - confirmed
Clio1 16v - confirmed
Clio1 Williams - confirmed
Clio2 1.4 16v - Disc and Caliper confirmed, but unsure of hub bolt spacing for Carrier?
Clio2 1.6 8v - Disc and Caliper confirmed, but unsure of hub bolt spacing for Carrier?
Clio2 1.6 16v - Disc and Caliper confirmed, but unsure of hub bolt spacing for Carrier?

All of the above use the same Girling Caliper (different Carriers) that uses the FCP845 (Ferodo) Pad size.

There's lots of info on the bigger 280mm, 300mm and 312mm Disc setups so I won't go there.

Why do I ask? I'm Australia based and don't have access to many Renault models for parts. Also, there are fewer of the older cars these days, so if newer models share parts, this is good news for all. I specifically want to know if the Clio2 1.4 16v models with the 259mm setup are a direct swap for the Clio1 16v setup and hence will work with my GTT?

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo
This morning I bought some Discs, Calipers and Carriers off a gut who was wrecking his car. I can now confirm that the smaller engined Clio2 models do appear to have the same 82mm hub bolt spacing as the R19, Clio1 and GTT.

I will get it all bolted up when my new Pads arrive. Maybe a few pics too.

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo
OK here's a few pics of the parts off the car. I bolted up one of my 285mm TXI Caliper Extenders to show that the Hub/Carrier bolt spacing is indeed the same.

DFC88C93-EA0F-4FC8-A6C0-1D832755B054_zpsvehlrnoj.jpg

Here's the bit of the Carrier thats a little different, but I think it won't make any difference to fitment.

1E2C6282-9923-4253-8AAF-0A3193F72857_zpsuev6ve2i.jpg

Here's the 259mm Disc complete with ABS timing ribs.

050012E8-D5C0-4A67-86F6-EFC79F038756_zpsfblqrpub.jpg

I'll take a few more when on the car to confirm clearances.

Woz