ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pad recomendations.

Clio 197
Hi all
I sprint a 197 with meg r26 conversion
Currently on standard brembos
Fitted with ds2500 pads
Like that they work from cold
Looking for good cold stopping but better stopping power. Can anyone recommend a better pad ?

Pagid Blue
Carbone Lorraine RC5+
Hawk HP+

I've had all the above and would have them again.

The Hawk's are the latest ones - they are almost too good, as they're extremely good from even ice-cold but might actually be too much for the road (might be difficult to modulate). I need to get some more miles done on twisty roads, but it needs a service and I think the timing is out, so I'm just pottering about at the moment, which means I don't brake very much.

Clio 197
Thanks for the info
Is there much cost difference between them?
I compete in class a5 sprints and hillclimbs
Which is roadgoing class so I drive it there and back .What one would you recommend?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
DS1.11 are certainly worth considering @197 turbo sprinter

Work well from cold, great bite, consistent short pedal, kind on discs and last well.

A lot of people starting using these now on track, and I get nothing but praise for them. It's what I run and rate them highly