ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake bias

Anyone that runs a manual bias valve, how do you have yours set? I find that all the way to the front is the best stopping power, but the fronts lock up much quicker and even just a bit to the rears really takes away all the power. Running brembos up front so there is a big difference but surely theyd still be engaging the same at maybe a bit more pedal? Id like to put some more aggressive pads in the rear, would allow the rears to engage more?

406 V6, Race Buggy
The inline ones, not a bias pedal box?

They're not a bias valve, they're a proportioning/pressure reducing valve, so it shouldn't have any influence on initial bite unless it's plumbed in wrong (has someone put it in the front line?!) or has no preload in the spring.

@PhillipM

Inline, I was being dumb and didnt realise that it has nothing to do with the fronts lol. Its plumbed correctly but after thinking about it I bled the system with least amount of pressure to the rears by mistake, would that make a difference?
I have to put my foot on the brake and pull the handbrake sometimes as the rears just dont seem to engage much anyway, doing this changes the bite quite a lot, i shouldnt have to really??

Normally at the start of the journey Ill have to, also my drive is sloped to flat and I reverse in, when I set off if I put a good bit of pressure on the brake I get some slider type clunks or pads moving about, again this is almost required to actually have bite

406 V6, Race Buggy
You should bleed it with it screw fully down just so you don't have any chance of the piston moving and trapping air, or vacuum bleed it. I'd be checking the rear brakes too, sounds like a sticky caliper or someting else going on.