ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blu Ray Players with Multiregion DVD?

Any tips? Preferably well under £200? Just got a Samsung 37" 1080p so fancy going down the Blu-Ray route, but the DVD aspect of it needs to be multiregion as 90% of my DVD collection is R1 or R3.

yeh dvd players you can but he wants a blueray player that can play all region dvd's i dont know i you can remote code a blueray player.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Same way you do with a dvd player.

I know with Panasonics you need to use one of those all in one programmable remotes to do it.

Or buy one from Richer Sounds that is already DVD region unlocked.

I know to unlock so it's region free for Blu Rays is more hassle and requires the unit to be chipped in most cases.

Not worried about unlocking the actual Blu Ray side of things as I will be starting from scratch with those and iirc many are region free anyway. It's mainly about preserving my rather large collection of R1 DVDs...I think a cheapish multiregion upscaling DVD player alongside the Blu Ray might be an easier option.