ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bird poo

I have a mark on my bonnet left by some bird poo, seems like the acids in the poo have gone through the paint leaving an iredecesnt sheen of poo on the bonnet. Any advice please, i currently wash the car every other week, use Auto Glym Super Resin Polish and Maguires (the one in the purple and orange bottle, 8000 something) about once every 3 months but im having trouble shifting it.

Also i had a dent repaired in my passenger door and the repair has left a sort of dull spot in the paintwork, again any ideas on how to remove this would be appreciated

bird poo get some meguires scratch x and a foam applicator pad and give that a bash 1st see if it lifts or hides it. Bird poo really needs rinsing off as soon as you spot it or it will etch the clear coat. :cry:

to remove the dent involes a lot of pushing out and tapping down with a plastic dowel - try a light buff with t-cut but not too hard else youll have a shiny smooth patch where youve removed the orange peel finish and this will look bad too. when rubbing try to spread the rubbing process over a larger area rather than concentrating on a localised area.

the bird poo may be more dificult as it eats right down into the paint so if its a dark colour then you will always see it in certain lights, but youll get it a lot better.

good luck mo f*ck:p