ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to remove paint from OMP tow eye??

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Will be buying an OMP tow eye some point this weekend off ebay, have seen burps guide & for a total of £15 compared to £45 for the cup racer version the OMP wins lol

So basically comes painted in bright yellow & assume its going to be fairly thick but it does say its stainless steel so shouldnt rust after the paint is removed ;) So what methods would you guys suggest? i'm thinking either wire wheel on the drill or may fit the sanding wheel on the dremmel but i dont want it scrtached to bits if i do use the dremmel :dapprove:

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Brake fluid was on my mind too mate, thinking of leaving it in a pot over night & hopefully would all wipe off in the morning... but! looks like its fairly hard core paint as a tow eye would get some abuse

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
get some nitromors from B&Q that'll do it!

pour on, leave for 1hour then jet hose it

Seriously :eek: , sounds like the stuff i need ;) erm, do they sell this stuff at homebase fred?