ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best camera for under £300

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im going to sri-lanka and the maldives for a month next april and i need a new camera seen as its a special holiday.
Anything around or under this price would be great.It does'nt need to be too complicated either as im a bit of a novice..

cheers

ian

A red missile
If you want a small point and shoot that gives decent shots try whichever Canon Ixus comes in at the right price, or one of the Casio Exilims, or the Sony DSC-N1. I'd personally say an Ixus but im biased as i've always had Canon.

Pete, you love those Pannys now don't you :) I recently got an FZ7 for someone at work (slightly newer than the one you suggested), it's about 2/3 of the size of mine yet has the exact same 12X zoom and full manual controls, couldn't believe how good it was for the size and price.

Panasonic TZ1 ("Tizzy") if you want something compact, awesome camera which just demands that you take pics all the bloody time. Everyone I know who has it absolutely loves it, well under budget too even with a few 1GB SD cards. It will control everything for you so it won't be complex, and the 10X zoom will be a revelation if you've only ever used "normal" cameras before, you can get so many shots that aren't normally possible.

Hundreds of sample shots on this forum and a decent review here

http://www.ukdigital.co.uk/panasonic_digital_cameras.htm are very very good for buying cameras, they supply actual UK stock as well (many companies supply Europe/US versions, nothing wrong with that but most people prefer a UK version)

Whatever you buy don't get lured into a bundle deal with memory (especially from an actual store), it is now unbelievably cheap online at places such as Ebuyer, cards that cost £100+ in Argos are available for £20 online.

Last edited:
  A red missile
I couldn't believe it the other day, was looking at 7day shop and they've got 2Gb Compact Flash cards for 17.99.

Polo + Micra
yeah got to love the ixus

i got the ixus 65 and it is awesome with some cool modes on for a compact