ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery to chassis

If i put in some 8 gauge cable in for an amp - 4 x 60W RMS - will i need to update the chassis to battery cable, or any other cables?

If so how do i go about doing it

Cheers

unlikely, i have fitted 4ga cabling for the amps, no problems so far, though could do with a couple of power caps to reduce the power drain

without them what happens or what do they do to the system, protect amps ect? or stop loud and then quiet sections in the music?

if you listen to your stereo at night with your lights on you will be able to see the lights dim when the amp is working towards its limit

a power cap keeps a small store of power so that the drain on the battery is not so severe,

it is ont essential to have one in your car, it is just as easy to install a 2nd battey and split charging which in essence will do a similar thing

no worries, thats what im here for

but you will be surprised how bad the standard reno battery actually is

i have the alpine 7893R with a genesis profile 2 amp and an audison lrx1.400 amp

has a massive power drain even on the exxide deep cycler i have in at the moment

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

i would hardly say caps hold a small amount of power .. lol

go charge up the capacitor and touch both poles.. hehe *

*note this is a joke and doing so would probably remove your sking from your body.. plus it might even kill u ..

oh a power cap is effectivly a large capacitor, that was a bit stupid! coudnt link that cap might be an abreviation but thought it was literally a cap or cover!!!

doh!!