ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery issues.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
I left my car sitting for 5 weeks, occasionally starting it. Until one day the battery was flat.

2002 172
No lights on the dash,
Battery charges to full on my Ctek battery conditioner
Visual indicator (sight glass on yuasa 3000 battery) shows green, being healthy
Alternator shows the battery is charging at 14.1+ V when the cars running
Battery is 2 years old, 4000 miles.

It drives completely normally, everything works fine. But after 4 starts the battery is showing between 12.5v - 12.8v and the car refuses to start.

I’ve checked all the connections and cables on the alternator and battery, everything seems fine. Alternator seems like it’s been replaced in the last few years also. I’ve read through all the threads on here but they all state a flashing light on the dash or the alternator not showing charging when the cars running so I’m at a loss.

Any ideas?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Is that 4 repetitive starts and the battery is playing up or 4 starts over a longer period, say a couple of days?

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
It doesn’t really matter tbh. If the battery is fully charged, I can drive away at it but after I start it the 3rd time is sounds weak then the 4th time is usually just a slow turnover then the starter clicking.
I tried it again last night, charged the battery and went out and turned it on and off in concession and again, it died just after the 4th start and the battery was reading low