ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Baterry light and Stop light on

Clio Sport 172 cup
Hi guys,

I've had my clio 172 now for around 3 months and last week it was struggling to start but would still start up eventually. Now the battery light and the stop light have come on, again it will start eventually. Am i right in thinking its the altenator going?

Thanks
Mikey

172 Race Car
could be a broken wire (main red one on the alternator) My mate had this on his and ive seen one at work with this fault

Clio Sport 172 cup
Should have said before, when i get the car started the battery and stop light go out.

Thanks
Mikey

Clio Sport 172 cup
Sorry,

When i put the key in the ignition, the battery and stop lights come on.
I then try to fire it up and it takes 2-3 times and eventually starts. When started the battery and stop lights go out.

Mikey

172 Race Car
Trust me, with ignition on and engine off the battery light WILL be on.

If its turning normal then its something else. If it was battery/alternator related then it wouldnt turn properly due to low voltage.

Clio Sport 172 cup
lol i cant believe that, Thanks Burp, I wonder what it could be as it was starting abseloutly fine until a week ago. hmm.

Mikey