ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back brakes are making a noise

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Im thinking the back brakes are working more that they should. Sounds silly but since i done my front drivers side brake caliper the back brakes have been hotter that normal :S Could this be caused by the front brake not being bled properly?

The drivers side rear back brake has now started to click under very very light braking. Had a look underneath and everything seems fine. Its starting to annoy me and its getting worse. You dont notice it under harder braking but you can when the car is coming to a stop. Say 10 mph it seems to start.

Any ideas?

piston jammed?? is it making a light grinding noise when you move?? you might need the window down to hear...

inside pad fallen off?? this would mean the piston hitting the disk..?

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Both pads are there mate, disk is undamaged. Its a clicking/knocking at very low speed and my foot is on the brake ever so lightly. Have given the shocker and spring a good old shake and there solid. Its a wierd one.

clio 182 cup
ive got a similar problem to this, got a grinding noice at low speeds from the back, checked the pads and discs, both look ok, recently changed them for drilled and grooved discs though and new pads with braided brake lines, bled the brakes aswell, might just get a garage to double check i did it all right

Astra van,Mk1 nova
ive got a similar problem to this, got a grinding noice at low speeds from the back, checked the pads and discs, both look ok, recently changed them for drilled and grooved discs though and new pads with braided brake lines, bled the brakes aswell, might just get a garage to double check i did it all right

Tbh that sounds normal mate. The new pads and disks will take time to bed in. Give it a few hunderd miles ;)

Just to clear things up. Its not a grinding noise coming from the rear, its a clicking/knocking.