ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attempted Theft!!!!!!!

Met up with 8 mates to do a bit of mountain biking around the peaks today. We all parked up at the Norfolk Arms pub just off the A57 (Snake Pass) at about 10am, when I got back at 2-30pm some b****** had broken into my precious valver!!!!! They managed to seperate the barrel from the bodywork and pop open the central locking, also and this is the scary bit, I always put a Disklok on my car for extra security but this was just hanging off the wheel as if it had been opened with a key!!!! It was damaged at all!!! They also robbed a bag full of stuff out of my boot which I found 3 miles down the road with everything except my watch and mobile. Luckily the inside was undamaged......I had a bad feeling about leaving it there and even checked with my bro in law if it would be ok!!!!

I need to get the area surrounding the lock sprayed and the metal smoothed off, has anyone any idea roughly how much this will cost? The barrel is undamaged. Im going to call Disklok tomorrow to see how the device could have been removed so easily with no damage.

Sorry for the rant but I am P****d off, Ive spent alot of time and money on my car only to have some scrote break into it. :mad:

Willy2

mate sorry to hear it, not condoning what these people have done, cause it aint personal, but i have had a couple of my cars broken into and it makes you feel like sh*t and YOU feel like it is personal!

If you have an alarm on your car that operates the central locking i would recommend de-locking the front two doors and leaving the boot lock as your escape route (if the car battery fails), if you know what i mean, but if your gonna get the lock done anyway, then do it!

H22A7 Accord Type R

Sorry mate!!! SCUM really fcuks me off!! Noticed ma dads car was parked in MY spot infront of the house tonite, which he never does due to it being a squeeze to get his car in and out! Turns out a neighbour has been round to the house sayin some kids had been messing about at the car. My sister relayed this message to my dad, but told it like some OLDER person had been tryin the doors :eek:!! This brought us to thinking that someone has their eye on the car....not good!! So i came home tonight and totally blocked the Skoda in wi the clio. One things for sure, it will take them a while to nick it via mine too! Having had a look tho, kids makes sense, as guess what............2 valve caps are missing! standard black ones too.........?? All in all, i guess this is a good turn out, rather than the car being evaluated.

I really feel for ya mate as things like this make my blood boil!!! its just a shame that most of the time we never catch the f***s! It is also very worrying to hear about the disk lock!! We have to ask ourselves, why should it be illegal to electricute people who get into our cars without our permission??? Hope u get it all sorted mate! Rob :mad:

Silly question, but you sure you cocked and locked it? Maybe just me, but ive gone to my car in the morning sometimes and found it unlocked, thinkin "what a dick i am!"

I also thought this was the best steering wheel lock, WTF. let us all know what disklok have to say for themselves mate,

Si.

I use the autolock one so I hope its better then this disc lock. Weve got an ex car theft at work...id love to cave his head in.

As always, anything new attracts attention. Mine was only 2 weeks old and it had a window put through and ascrew driver ran down the side of it.

If you have central locking, i would remove all door locks (leaving the boot one to get in, incase of failure), fill it and spray up the doors. Also remove the door pins because the little sh*ts either bend your door back or smash the rear window and try to reach the pins at the front. Maybe autolock would be better?

I definately locked the Disklok, its second nature now.....Ive never not locked it in the past. Ill let you all know what Disklok say. Thanks for the advice chaps.

Clio Dci

sorry to hear that mate :(

your car is mint and the last thing you need is some ballbag messing with it.

just got to look on the bright side, that they didnt nick it or slash your seats.

i have got a disclok too and thought they were pretty much indestructable.