ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are all locking wheel nut keys different?

3 MPS, MX5
Sods law... bought my partner's clio only a couple of weeks ago and there was no locking wheel nut key or centre cap key. Well I managed to get a new centre cap key the other day and not managed to get to a dealer for a key for the locking wheel nut, so what happened today?...a bloody puncture by a screw:mad:

My V6 key doesn't fit so is there lots of different configurations?

1 Series Coupe
lol not being funny.. bt if they were all the same... people wouldnt have any wheels left...

On a more serious note... did you get the car home ok?

1 Series Coupe
my mate borrowed mine the other day... but he said it wouldnt fit and was different... maybe they are the same for the same model? but not the same for eg 1.2 to a v6

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The Renault ones have a letter on , so i would imagine you need the corresponding letter for the locking bolts or as pettsi says your wheels would be easy to nick .

The set i have look slightly different and have the letter m on

LOCKINGWHEELNUTS2USE.jpg

Pettsi said:
my mate borrowed mine the other day... but he said it wouldnt fit and was different... maybe they are the same for the same model? but not the same for eg 1.2 to a v6

agree with that as i gave 1 to a fellow cup owner , it works

ST
Hammer a socket onto it as its the only way your going to get it off without the help of a garage....

The reno ones aren't that great anyways, get some macguard ones from halfords.

Alan.

Weld a bolt onto the nut and you can get them off that way.

You can order new bolts though or go to a friendsly dealership and ask if you can use the keys in the cars they have on the forcourt and when you find the one that fits order it from the parts deparetment takes about a week. Some specialt dealerships have a set of all the sizes of bolts in stock and can get them off.

3 MPS, MX5
Pettsi said:
lol not being funny.. bt if they were all the same... people wouldnt have any wheels left...

On a more serious note... did you get the car home ok?

I'm not insulted, honestly:rasp:

It was a good job that her car was already at my house as it must have happened on the way home from the restaurant last night and we only noticed it this morning.

Managed to pump it up with the screw still in place and drive to a kwik fit today but they couldn't get it off....I thought those sort of places would have all sorts of ways of getting wheels off, and its not as if a clio is a rare car:rolleyes:

I imagined there would be a few variations but not that many.

Thanks for all your advise guys, I'll speak to a dealer and see if they can loan me a key and then buy the macguards that Alan recommended.

Pettsi said:
The V6 has them like the 172 and 182 the none RS models are all the same type.

3 MPS, MX5
I think that the locking nuts may not be Renault on the Dynamique as all the std clio locking nuts that I've seen have 6 points, my partners have 7 points:S